1. He frowned and turned (his) back,
2. Because there came to him the blind man.
3. And what would make you know that he would purify himself,
4. Or become reminded so that the reminder should profit him?
S. As for him who considers himself free from need (of you),
6. To him do you address yourself.
7. And no blame is on you if he would not purify himself
8. And as to him who comes to you striving hard,
9. And he fears,
10. From him will you divert yourself.
11. Nay! surely it is an admonishment.
12. So let him who pleases mind it.
13. In honored books,
14. Exalted, purified,
15. In the hands of scribes
16. Noble, virtuous.
17. Cursed be man! how ungrateful is he!
18. Of what thing did He create him?
19. Of a small seed; He created him, then He made him according to a measure,
20. Then (as for) the way-- He has made it easy (for him)
21. Then He causes him to die, then assigns to him a grave,
22. Then when He pleases, He will raise him to life again.
23. Nay; but he has not done what He bade him.
24. Then let man look to his food,
25. That We pour down the water, pouring (it) down in abundance,
26. Then We cleave the earth, cleaving (it) asunder,
27. Then We cause to grow therein the grain,
28. And grapes and clover,
29. And the olive and the palm,
30. And thick gardens,
31. And fruits and herbage
32. A provision for you and for your cattle.
33. But when the deafening cry comes,
34. The day on which a man shall fly from his brother,
35. And his mother and his father,
36. And his spouse and his son--
37. Every man of them shall on that day have an affair which will occupy him.
38. (Many) faces on that day shall be bright,
39. Laughing, joyous.
40. And (many) faces on that day, on them shall be dust,
41. Darkness shall cover them.
42. These are they who are unbelievers, the wicked.