1. Has not there come to you the news of the overwhelming calamity?
2. (Some) faces on that day shall be downcast,
3. Laboring, toiling,
4. Entering into burning fire,
5. Made to drink from a boiling spring.
6. They shall have no food but of thorns,
7. Which will neither fatten nor avail against hunger.
8. (Other) faces on that day shall be happy,
9. Well-pleased because of their striving,
10. In a lofty garden,
11. Wherein you shall not hear vain talk.
12. Therein is a fountain flowing,
13. Therein are thrones raised high,
14. And drinking-cups ready placed,
15. And cushions set in a row,
16. And carpets spread out.
17. Will they not then consider the camels, how they are created?
18. And the heaven, how it is reared aloft,
19. And the mountains, how they are firmly fixed,
20. And the earth, how it is made a vast expanse?
21. Therefore do remind, for you are only a reminder.
22. You are not a watcher over them;
23. But whoever turns back and disbelieves,
24. Allah will chastise him with the greatest chastisement.
25. Surely to Us is their turning back,
26. Then surely upon Us is the taking of their account.