1. When the heaven bursts asunder,
2. And obeys its Lord and it must.
3. And when the earth is stretched,
4. And casts forth what is in it and becomes empty,
S. And obeys its Lord and it must.
6. O man! surely you must strive (to attain) to your Lord, a hard striving until you meet Him.
7. Then as to him who is given his book in his right hand,
8. He shall be reckoned with by an easy reckoning,
9. And he shall go back to his people joyful.
10. And as to him who is given his book behind his back,
11. He shall call for perdition,
12. And enter into burning fire.
13. Surely he was (erstwhile) joyful among his followers.
14. Surely he thought that he would never return.
15. Yea! surely his Lord does ever see him.
16. But nay! I swear by the sunset redness,
17. And the night and that which it drives on,
18. And the moon when it grows full,
19. That you shall most certainly enter one state after another.
20. But what is the matter with them that they do not believe,
21. And when the Quran is recited to them they do not make obeisance?
22. Nay! those who disbelieve give the lie to the truth.
23. And Allah knows best what they hide,
24. So announce to them a painful punishment~
25. Except those who believe and do good; for them is a reward that shall never be cut off.